Study monitoring

The mission of a student union can be divided in three main areas: cases from students, study monitoring and influencing.

Cases from students are when students need help with different matters. We help students with all cases regarding studies, from CSN to grades and harassment. Do you have a question or need help with something? Please contact our study monitor at – we can help you with almost everything or help you find a person who can.

Study monitoring is where we actively work with improving the education for students within business and economics. This is being done through the association’s three committees for study monitoring: Bachelors’ Educational Committee, Masters’ Educational Committee and Strategic Educaional Committee.

Influencing is mostly done together with the other student unions in Uppsala with the purpose to improve the conditions for students. The work with influencing is aimed at the central parts of the university as well as the municipality and the government.

Student- and PhD student ombudsmen


Should a study related problem occur during your time as a student or a PhD student at Uppsala University you are welcome to contact the student- and PhD student ombudsmen. Study related problems that the ombudsmen handle may, for example, concern emerged conflicts with the university, support in disciplinary matters or if you feel you have been treated disadvantageously.

The student- and PhD student ombudsmen works for all student unions at Uppsala University and offer help to all students and PhD students regardless if you are a member of a student union or not. The service is free of charge.

The ombudsmen help you on your own terms and never bring up or share your situation with a third party without your consent to specifically do so.

To have a meeting with one of the ombudsmen, book a time by email or phone

Contact information
Phone: 018 – 480 31 32

If you are a student at ground or advanced level: All the respective student unions at Uppsala University have their own local ombudsmen whose assignment it is to help students in study related matters. Their offices are located in the different student campuses. Therefore we recommend that you initially contact them with your question since they have the better insight of the specific courses or program that you study.

Farmis –

JF –

Rindi –


US –